We help tenants in Darlington claim compensation for housing disrepair

If you live in a rented council house or a social accommodation property, It is your landlord’s legal responsibility to provide you with safe and comfortable living for the tenants.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Darlington based tenants claim for housing disrepair issues

Your landlord should make sure that your home is safe and free from any hazards. This applies to private landlords, councils, housing associations, or any accommodation provider.

Their responsibilities include repairs to:

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Damp & Mould issues
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Anyone who provides accommodation in the UK whether a company, a house owner, or any housing association. Your landlord has to make sure your home is fit for human habitation. This applies to most types of tenancy – if your landlord doesn’t do this, you can take legal advice from our experienced legal professional who specializes in providing advice and representation to tenants about claiming compensation for poor standards of maintenance.

Don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed as we can assist you in any town or city in England so contact us today.

Darlington area information

Postcode district: DL1, DL2, DL3
Post town: Darlington
Dialling code: 01325
Population: 92201
Elevation: 55m (180ft)
County: Durham
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Your home is in a state of disrepair if your landlord has failed to maintain the structure and exterior of the property. Their failure to do so can result in water damage, a defective boiler or structural problems, or anything that prevents you from being able to live normally in their residence.

No Win No Fee means exactly that. If we do not win your case for you, you are not liable to pay anything.