We help council & housing association tenants in Manchester with their disrepair problems

If you live in a council property, or a social housing/housing association property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Manchester claim for housing disrepair issues

We will make sure that your home is restored to acceptable levels and that you receive the greatest compensation possible for your suffering.

You may be entitled to compensation if your landlord has neglected essential repairs to the property, resulting in problems with daily living or health.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Our Manchester team of housing disrepair solicitors can assist tenants in all parts of the country. Landlords are responsible for dealing with most of the repair problems. The landlord’s duty to undertake repairs is not only contained in your Tenancy Agreement but also under other areas of the Law.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Manchester area information

Postcode areas: M, WA
Post town: Manchester
Dialling code: 0161
Population: 53782
Elevation: 59m (194ft)
County: Greater Manchester
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Your tenancy agreement is a contract between you and your landlord. You both have certain rights and responsibilities under that contract. Most written tenancy agreements set out the landlord’s obligations to undertake repairs.

You are required to give your landlord 21 days notice before making a housing disrepair claim. Accordingly, if you notice disrepair in the property, you must first inform the landlord of this. You can contact them via phone, in person, by letter or E-Mail.