We proudly help all council & housing association tenants in Birmingham with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Birmingham based residents with their disrepair issues

If a landlord has received a complaint about disrepair, such as leaks, dampness, infestations, or an issue with installations such as no heating or hot water and the complaint has been ignored, a solicitor may bring a claim for specific performance in which the court orders that the required repair work be done.

Your landlord cannot charge you for any of the repair work listed above and they are responsible for these repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. However, if your landlord agrees they may also be responsible for additional repairs too, this depends on your tenancy agreement. If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair solicitors.

Our Birmingham based housing disrepair solicitors are ready to assist you no matter where you live providing that it is in England. Our team can assist tenants in all UK postcodes so don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed below, simply take the first step and contact us.

Birmingham tenant information

Postcode: B
Post town: Birmingham
Area code(s): 0121
Population: 1126927
Elevation: 124m (407ft)
County: West Midlands
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

To be able to bring a successful disrepair claim against your landlord you will need to show that your landlord has breached their repairing obligations. To do that you will need to show they knew or ought to have known about, the problems and failed to carry out repairs within a reasonable time.

You can only complain to the Housing Ombudsman if you have reported the original problem to your landlord and you are dissatisfied with the response.