We help tenants in Colchester claim compensation for housing disrepair

If you are a tenant living in a rented property or housing association, your landlord is responsible for maintenance, secure and livable property.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Colchester based tenants claim for housing disrepair issues

It doesn’t matter if your landlord is a private individual, company, or housing association, but your landlord is extremely responsible for maintaining the property ensuring that it is fit for living.

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Damp & Mould issues
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

According to law, your landlord’s responsibility is to ensure that the property they are renting out to tenants must be structurally safe and inhabitable condition.

Don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed as we can assist you in any town or city in England so contact us today.

Colchester area information

Postcode district: CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4
Post town: Colchester
Dialling code: 01206
Population: 129073
Elevation: 8m (26ft)
County: Essex
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

If you rent your home, then your landlord has a legal duty to maintain your property and ensure that it is kept in a reasonable and safe condition. Your landlord must ensure that your home is kept in good structural condition and must meet health and safety standards.

It doesn’t matter who your landlord is, be it a council, housing association, or a private landlord. Your rights as a tenant never change. As for the law, all people are equal so no one’s social status can ever change law and order. So if your rental property is not in livable condition, you can legally obligate your landlord to repair and maintain it.

If you don’t know much about the law, and how to legally obligate a landlord for compensation. Don’t worry our expert solicitor team will assist you in taking legal action against negligent landlords on a No Win No Fee basis.