We help tenants in Chesterfield claim compensation for housing disrepair

Landlords are legally obliged to ensure that your council or housing association property is in a habitable, safe state for you to live in.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Chesterfield based tenants claim for housing disrepair issues


It doesn’t matter if you live in a council owned property or a housing association, your landlord is responsible for your safety and is obligated by law to repair certain issues.

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Damp & Mould issues
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

There are many things that can be classed as housing disrepair. Some are more serious than others, but all can be equally frustrating when they are not being dealt with by an unhelpful landlord.

Don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed as we can assist you in any town or city in England so contact us today.

Chesterfield area information

Postcode: S40, S41
Post town: Sheffield
Dialling code: 01246
Population: 88963
Elevation: 77m (253ft)
County: Derbyshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Housing disrepair claims occur when a property is in need of repair in order to be safe and suitable for tenants, but the landlord refuses to carry out the repairs.

If your landlord is failing to carry out work on your home, within a reasonable amount of time, a claim can made to force your landlord to carry out the repairs and potentially recover you compensation.

The law says you are entitled to live in a safe space and if you have already reported issues to your landlord which they have failed to rectify, we can force them complete the work and also win compensation for you.

If living in an unsafe property has affected your physical or mental health you may also be able to claim for that too. Stress can cause sleepless nights, anxiety and depression and if your housing repair problems have caused you to have time off work, incur medical bills or even personal injury, these are common grounds for housing disrepair compensation.