We help tenants in Chester claim compensation for housing disrepair

If you live in a rented council house or a social housing property, your landlord is obligated by law to make sure that your home is safe and functioning properly.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Chester based tenants claim for housing disrepair issues


Whether you live in a housing association or council-owned property, or are a private tenant with a private landlord, your landlord is responsible for any structural problems.

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Damp & Mould issues
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

If your landlord has neglected to repair malfunctions or kept the property in poor condition, you might discover that it is deteriorating. Every landlord has a legal responsibility to keep the structure and outside of their home in a safe and sanitary condition.

Don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed as we can assist you in any town or city in England so contact us today.

Chester area information

Postcode areas: CH (1-4, 33-34, 64-66)CW (6-10)SY (14)WA (4-6)
Post town: Chester
Dialling codes: 01244 (Chester)01477 (Holmes Chapel)01270 (Crewe)0151 (Liverpool)01565 (Knutsford)01606 (Northwich)01829 (Tarporley)01925 (Warrington)01928 (Runcorn)01948 (Whitchurch)
Population: 338000
Elevation: 69m (226ft)
County: Cheshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

If your landlord has neglected to repair problems or maintained the property in a poor state, you could find that it is deteriorating. Every landlord is responsible for maintaining the structure and the surrounding area of their property in a safe and sanitary condition according to law.

We know that submitting a claim against your landlord may appear intimidating at first, but we are here to make sure the procedure is as simple and stress-free as possible. We’ll walk you through every step of the way to file a Chester housing disrepair claim, providing the assistance you need all along the way.