We help tenants in Bristol file housing disrepair claims

All landlords have an obligation to maintain their properties in an adequate state of repair. If these repairs are not carried out, contact us to speak to one of our solicitors who can assist you in compelling your landlord to make the repairs.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Bristol claim compensation for housing disrepair issues

Housing disrepair responsibility falls to the landlord whether you’re a social tenant living in either a housing association or council-owned properties, or a private tenant with a private landlord.

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Damp & Mould issues
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

If you rent your home, the responsibility of making necessary repairs falls on your landlord. It’s upsetting if your landlord refuses to make repairs, and we understand that basic safety standards are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

We have housing disrepair solicitors on hand who can assist you with any aspect of your claim. Our experts are capable of handling delicate dispute issues in a manner that is both polite and sensitive, as we would hope when dealing with difficult issue matters.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Bristol area information

Postcode: BS
Post town: Bristol
Area code(s): 0117, 01275
Population: 560982
Elevation: 9m (30ft)
County: Bristol
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

According to Housing Law, your landlord is responsible for keeping your house in a safe and inhabitable condition. If your landlord fails to assist maintain your home, you could be eligible for compensation under Section 11 of The Landlord Tenant Act of 1985. All renters who rent from a private landlord, housing association, or local council may qualify.

In the United Kingdom, every landlord who rents out a home is legally bound to fulfill extensive standards in terms of what they must maintain and how well. If a landlord fails to meet these obligations, the tenant may seek compensation for housing disrepair damages. The following are some of the things that the landlord is required to keep and/or repair: