We help council & housing association tenants in Sheffield with housing disrepair

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Sheffield housing disrepair claims can be made when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Sheffield tenants claim for housing disrepair issues

Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 is a legal provision that requires your landlord to make routine maintenance. Whether or not you have a tenancy agreement, your landlord is required by law to carry out basic repairs.

If you rent your property, your landlord is obliged to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Our Sheffield regional team of housing disrepair solicitors are available to assist you in person, or remotely. We can help all residents that reside in any area in England.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email or give us a call.

Sheffield area information

Postcode: S
Post town: Sheffield
Area code(s): 0114
Population: 535782
Elevation: 82m (269ft)
County: South Yorkshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

You are able to claim for a varying sum of compensation, depending on what you are claiming for. If injured due to disrepair, you are able to claim for:

  • Medical costs
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of wages
  • After care
  • Medication

The claim can also go towards fixing the disrepair and compensation for any suffering caused from it, i.e. dampness, mould and lack of heating etc.

Each case is individual. The amount of compensation received is dependent on the severity of the disrepair, how long you have suffered with the problems and how it has affected you.