We proudly help all council & housing association tenants in Cheltenham with their disrepair problems

If you live in a council owned home or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Cheltenham based residents with their disrepair issues

If your landlord has been informed about a disrepair problem, such as leaks, dampness, infestations, or faults with installations like the lack of heating or hot water supply and the problem hasn’t been addressed, you have the right to make a housing disrepair compensation claim.

Your landlord cannot charge you for any of the repair work listed above and they are responsible for these repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. However, if your landlord agrees they may also be responsible for additional repairs too, this depends on your tenancy agreement. If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair solicitors.

Our Cheltenham based housing disrepair solicitors are ready to assist you with the communication and the full process of filing and submitting a housing disrepair compensation claim based on the failings that you identify in your rented council or housing association property.

Don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed below as we are National disrepair solicitors and can assist you no matter where you live.

Cheltenham tenant information

Postcode: GL50, GL51, GL52, GL53, GL54
Post town: Gloucester
Area code(s): 01242
Population: 117546
Elevation: 61m (200ft)
County: Gloucestershire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Housing disrepair means the landlord is allowing problems to develop, and not doing anything about it. ‘Disrepair’ is the opposite of keeping a property in good condition.

By law, your landlord must make sure that your residence is in a good state of repair. This includes:

  • keeping the structure (walls, roof, floors etc) safe and sound.
  • making sure the property doesn’t have damp or mould or any problems with vermin (mice, rats) or pests (fleas, cockroaches, etc).
  • ensuring that the utilities (heating, electricity, water, gas, etc) are working and safe.
  • providing safe and working sanitation (bath or shower and toilet).
  • keeping drains clear, etc.

If your property is posing a hazard due to disrepair, it’s worth noting that the local housing authority in England and Wales is required by the Housing Act 2004 (section 3(1)) to keep all housing conditions in their area under review.