We help council & housing association tenants in Cambridge with their disrepair problems

If your rented council home or housing association property has issues that have not been repaired find out if you are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim for property repair and compensation.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Cambridge tenants file claims for housing disrepair problems

If you live in a council or local housing association property, we can assist you with compiling, filing and submitting a housing disrepair claim. Our solicitors will assist you every step of the way.

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

We have a team of housing disrepair solicitors that work in the Cambridge area and are now taking on new clients. Please contact us or submit an inquiry via our contact form if you want to discuss your circumstances further.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email. Cambridge housing disrepair

Cambridge area information

Area code(s): 01223
Population: 154499
Elevation: 17m (56ft)
County: Cambridgeshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

A housing disrepair claim can be filed against any homeowner who has experienced a breach of his or her property. The following are the two sorts of compensation that you might receive: general damages and special damages.

The rent you have paid during the time your property was in disrepair can be used as the basis for your compensation claim. You will be awarded a percentage of your rent that reflects the severity of the disrepair.

The percentage you receive is determined on how badly the house was damaged. You would be compensated 100 percent if the property was entirely uninhabitable. However, this happens rarely and most claims fall between 25% and 50% of your monthly rent payment.

Yes, Landlords are frequently tasked with repairing rising damp. This is due to a presumed condition in your tenancy agreement, which states that the landlord is responsible for maintaining the exterior and structure of your home.