We help council & housing association tenants in Brighton with their disrepair problems

You are entitled to a safe liveable home whether you are a council tenant, social housing tenant, or live in a housing association property. Your landlord is legally required to keep your rented house in good condition.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Brighton tenants file claims for housing disrepair problems

If you live in a council or local housing association property, we can assist you with making a housing disrepair claim. Our solicitors will assist you every step of the way.

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

We have a team of housing disrepair solicitors that serve the Brighton region and are now taking on new clients. Please contact or submit an inquiry using our contact form if you’d want to talk about your circumstances.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Brighton area information

Postcode areas: BN (1, 2, 3, 41)
Post town: Brighton
Population: 288200
Elevation: 10m (33ft)
County: East Sussex
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

When the condition of a rented home or apartment, whether it’s through social housing or a private landlord, has worsened or altered negatively in comparison to the state of the property when you moved in, it’s known as housing disrepair.

Landlords are responsible for any exterior repairs to a rental property, including damage to doors and windows. This duty continues even if the lease specifies that the tenant is solely liable for repairs. Damaged or broken windows and doors may lead to many problems, including dampness and decay, as well as being a safety hazard.