We help council & housing association tenants in Bolton with their disrepair problems

Whether you’re a council tenant, social housing tenant or reside in a housing association property, you still have the legal right to a habitable home. Your landlord is legally responsible for the condition of your rented property.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Bolton tenants file claims for housing disrepair issues

Should your property fall into a state of disrepair it may be possible to claim compensation for any inconvenience suffered as a result of the disrepair, damage to any personal belongings or household items and any personal injury or illness that may arise from the disrepair.

If you rent your property, it is the obligation of your landlord to make necessary repairs. It can be distressing if your landlord refuses to perform repairs, and we realize that minimum standards of safety are required.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

We have a team of housing disrepair solicitors who service the Bolton region and are presently taking on new clients. Please call or send us an email using our contact form if you would like to discuss your situation.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Bolton area information

Postcode district: BL1, BL2, BL3, BL4, BL5, BL6, BL7
Post town: Bolton
Dialling code: 01204
Population: 198826
Elevation: 100m (328ft)
County: Greater Manchester
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Your landlord is not required to make improvements to your house, but they are obligated by law to keep it and ensure your safety.

They are specifically responsible for: The structure and exterior of the premises; Water pipes and instillations relating to water usage – such as baths, sinks, drainage systems and toilets; Gas pipes and electrical wiring; Heating systems (excluding cookers);

Aside from forcing the landlord to repair your property, you can also claim compensation for: Property damage; Personal injury or ill health caused by disrepair – including respiratory illness resulting from dampness; and Any financial losses incurred as a result of the disrepair not being repaired.