We help council & housing association tenants in Birkenhead with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Birkenhead claim for housing disrepair issues

We won’t accept your landlords excuses, we promise to legally pursue your landlord for compensation and ensure your property is also repaired for free.

Your landlord is obliged by law to keep your rented property in a habitable state for you to live in. If you have been ignored by your landlord it may be time to file a housing disrepair claim.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Our Birkenhead, (Chester) team of housing disrepair solicitors are ready to discuss your situation, we work with clients across the whole of England. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a council tenant or a housing association tenant our solicitors are happy to help.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Birkenhead area information

Postcode district: CH41, CH42
Post town: Chester
Dialling code: 0151
Population: 143472
Elevation: 11m (36ft)
County: Merseyside
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

It is a legal requirement of all social housing landlords to comply with the governments Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS).

Older family members, in particular young children and the elderly, are particularly susceptible to respiratory issues caused by decay in housing.