We help council & housing association tenants in Bedford with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Bedford claim compensation for housing disrepair

Living in a property with housing disrepair puts an enormous amount of stress and pressure on you the tenants which is unfair, we are here to assist you in claiming compensation whilst ensuring your property is repaired free of charge too.

Your landlord is obliged by law to keep your rented property in a habitable state for you to live in. If you have been ignored by your landlord it may be time to file a housing disrepair claim.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair solicitors.

Our Bedford, (Milton Keynes) regional housing disrepair solicitors will assist you on a no-win-no-fee basis, and we’ll listen to your particular circumstances as well as help you file a claim for disrepair against your landlord for not maintaining your property.

Our experts can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Bedford area information

Postcode district: MK40, MK41, MK42, MK43, MK44, MK45
Post town: Milton Keynes
Dialling code: 01234
Population: 91319
Elevation: 34m (112ft)
County: Bedfordshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

A Housing Disrepair Claim is a legal process in which a tenant can claim compensation from their landlord for disrepair to their property. Solicitors can ensure that the claim is made correctly and that the tenant is compensated for any disrepair.

The quickest approach for a landlord to avoid or easily defend disrepair allegations is to act quickly. If the landlord can demonstrate that it responded swiftly to any indication of disrepair and that any necessary repairs were completed within a ‘reasonable’ period of time, it may successfully defend a disrepair claim.