We help council & housing association tenants in Bath with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Bath claim compensation for housing disrepair

In the broadest sense, housing deterioration refers to any internal or external damage that makes living conditions hazardous for human habitation.

Your landlord is obliged by law to keep your rented property in a habitable state for you to live in. If you have been ignored by your landlord it may be time to file a housing disrepair claim.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair solicitors.

Our Bath, (Somerset) team of housing disrepair solicitors will assist you on a no-win-no-fee basis, and we’ll listen to your particular circumstances as well as help you file a claim for disrepair against your landlord for not maintaining your property.

Our experts can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Bath area information

Postcode: BA and BS
Post town: Bath
Area code(s): 01225 and others
Elevation: 141m (463ft)
County: Somerset
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Internal –

  • Gas, water or electrical supply issues;
  • Boiler breakdown or heating problems;
  • Damage to living facilities such as a faulty bath, shower, sink or toilet;
  • Dangerous flooring or staircase;
  • Areas of mould and/or damp issues

External –

  • Brickwork damage that could lead to damp or water leakage;
  • Rodent/pest infestation;
  • Gutter damage or blockage issues;
  • Drainage or downpipe problems

Personal injury – you can claim for any ill health that the disrepair has caused you or anyone who lives in your property. The extent of your compensation will be determined by a number of factors, including the severity of your illness and how long it has lasted. You will also be able to receive compensation for any financial losses incurred as a result of your illness, such as lost income.