We help council & housing association tenants in Basingstoke with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Basingstoke claim for housing disrepair issues

A tenant can file a Housing Disrepair Claim, which is a legal procedure in which they may sue their landlord for property deterioration.

Your landlord is obliged by law to keep your rented property in a habitable state for you to live in. If you have been ignored by your landlord it may be time to file a housing disrepair claim.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Our Basingstoke, (Hampshire) team of housing disrepair solicitors will assist you on a no win no fee basis, we will listen to your unique circumstances and assist you in filing a claim for disrepair against your landlord for failing to keep your property in a habitable state.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Basingstoke area information

Population: 175300
Elevation: 121m (397ft)
County: Hampshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

The legal definition of disrepair is “warranted deterioration.” The following are the most frequent disrepair issues in rented homes: cold, usually brought on by insufficient heating. clogged drains.

The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Section 11, specifies that landlords have an absolute and non-excludable responsibility to make routine maintenance. It is incorporated into all tenancy agreements unless the contract: began before October 24, 1961; or is for a fixed term of seven years or more (with limited exceptions).