We help council & housing association tenants in Basildon with their disrepair problems

If you live in a rented council home, or a social housing property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping tenants in Basildon claim for housing disrepair issues

Our tenant lawyers and solicitors are here to help with your Housing Disrepair Claim in Basildon on a no win no fee basis.

Your landlord is obliged by law to keep your rented property in a habitable state for you o live in. We do not accept your landlords poor excuses, take action today and claim compensation for your poor state of living.

If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are nationwide housing disrepair experts.

Our Basildon, (Southend-On-Sea), housing disrepair solicitors will go to any location in the United Kingdom to provide you with the best service possible. Our staff is always ready and willing to assist you, no matter where you reside.

Our team can help renters from all UK postcodes, so don’t be concerned if your postcode isn’t shown below; just take the first step and send us an email.

Basildon area information

Postcode district: SS13, SS14, SS15, SS16
Post town: Southend-On-Sea
Dialling code: 01268
Population: 112793
Elevation: 21m (69ft)
County: Essex
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

Having a home or essential services deteriorate can be worrisome and costly, and if the problem is left unresolved as a result of your landlord’s inaction or failure to acknowledge the problems at hand, you may be entitled to dis repair compensation.

Landlords have to follow a number of rules in order to protect their tenants and their property – they must repair the exteriors of buildings (roofing, walls, gutters, windows, piping and doors), as well as utilities and gas pipes. They must also maintain the water tanking system and boilers; install bathrooms; deal with fires and heaters; handle electrical wiring and radiators; and construct or modify bathroom facilities.