We can help all council & housing association tenants in Barnsley

If you are living in a council home, or housing association property your landlord is required to ensure that your home is fit for human habitation and in proper working order.

Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

Mould or damp problems, pest infestations, leaks & water damage, broken heating systems, faulty electrical wiring, internal deterioration, gutters, drains & pipes, structural issues, broken kitchen, bathroom fittings & more. Take action and contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

Instant Claim Calculator


client 4

Wayne B

Housing Association Tenant

client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4 client 4

Couldn’t leave any clothes in any of the bedrooms due to dampness and mould, our clothes, possessions & electronics were ruined and not to mention the huge amounts of stress this caused over the years. I am so grateful for your help with getting my property repaired for me & the financial compensation awarded to me has changed my life. Thank you so much

Liam M

Council Tenant

My flat was repaired in time for my child’s birth and I received rent refunds and compensation. The team were very helpful and understanding of my dangerous situation.

Ashley Y

Council Tenant

We had been waiting for 12 months for the damp to be repaired by the council but got nowhere. We were told by a friend that this company could help and within 6 months we received compensation for damages & all the damp and mould was removed.

Find out if you’re eligible to file a NO WIN, NO FEE disrepair claim today.

Helping Barnsley residents with their disrepair issues

To be able to bring a successful disrepair claim against your landlord you will need to show that your landlord has breached their repairing obligations. The issues regarding housing disrepair mainly include the following:

Your landlord cannot charge you for any of the repair work listed above and they are responsible for these repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. However, if your landlord agrees they may also be responsible for additional repairs too, this depends on your tenancy agreement. If you’re looking for advice contact our team today on  0333 050 8887 

We are National housing disrepair solicitors.

We are national housing disrepair solicitors, we can assist you no matter where you live providing that it is in England.  Our Barnsley branch can assist tenants in all postcodes so don’t worry if your postcode isn’t listed below, simply contact us.


Postcode district: S70, S71, S72, S73, S74, S75
Post town: Sheffield
Dialling code: 01226
Population: 95194
Elevation: 97m (318ft)
County: South Yorkshire
Country: England

Frequently asked questions

On average, depending on the landlord and their available resources, in our experience a case usually takes between 9 – 12 months from the initial instruction to the claim being settled and paid.

Legal aid helps with very serious cases of disrepair or bad housing conditions. There must be a serious risk to your health or safety in your home. If you’re on a low income, you may be able to get legal aid to apply for a court order to make the property safe.